How SmartBikeWheel Works
SmartBikeWheel has all the smarts you need
SmartBikeWheel uses a proprietary technology called SmartAssist™. SmartAssist calculates the power you need automatically while you ride. It monitors your speed, the grade of the road and the assist level you select to determine the optimal amount of power to provide.
• On a flat road? SmartBikeWheel gives you the assistance you need.
• Going up a hill? SmartBikeWheel increases the assistance to cut your hills down to size.
• Coasting down a hill? SmartBikeWheel knows not to assist.
And don't worry, power is stopped automatically when you brake. SmartBikeWheel really is that smart!
Controlled Through an App
Bluetooth allows SmartBikeWheel to communicate wirelessly with an app on your iOS or Android smartphone. And the app is just a free download away. The app does so many things -
• setup SmartBikeWheel and configure different options
• controls for you to set your assist level while riding
• a real-time dashboard with speedometer, power meter, battery and temperature gauge
• a tracker for current and total ride data
• even a virtual lock which sounds an alarm while magnetically locking the front wheel!
The App does so many things, you might not want to ride without it - but you could. SmartBikeWheel remembers your settings - including your assist level - so you don't need to carry your phone with you to enjoy SmartBikeWheel.
We know everyone is different, and some of you may want some control over SmartAssist. Don't worry - we've got you covered. SmartBikeWheel can use SmartAssist, Pedal Assist or a Throttle/Dsiplay unit for manual control.
• Our optional Bluetooth Throttle/Display allows you to add extra power when you need it, while providing many of the display functions that a phone app provides.
• The optional Bluetooth Pedal Assist Sensor allows you to control when SmartAssist operates. SmartAsssit works normally while you are pedaling, and turns off when you stop.
And both are 100% wireless for ease of installation.